There are lots of reasons to join us:
- We welcome singers of all levels of experience, from the very experienced choral singer to those who have never sung with a choir before. There is no audition to join.
- You don't need to be able to read music, but it does help if you can follow music notation.
- We rehearse on Monday evenings at 18.45. Our members tell us it's an uplifting way to begin the week and often leave rehearsal on a high!
- Our rehearsal venues are conveniently located in Central London.
- Rehearsal time is planned carefully to ensure that everyone can learn the music to a high standard in time for our performance.We also provide links to learning resources to help you practise at home.
- Learn a broad range of choral repertoire, from the great choral works to hidden gems from a variety of periods.
- Be inspired to develop and improve your singing ability through expert guidance from our prinicial conductor, Ivor Setterfield & our assistant conductor, Katie Thomas. We are also currently offering group vocal workshops in partnership with a singing teacher.
- Have you ever wondered what it would be like to sing on stage at a great venue, such as Cadogan Hall or the Royal Festival Hall? We can make that happen.
- Singing in a choir is good for you. There is growing evidence that it improves your health and well-being and there is nothing like singing out your stress.
- Make new friends. We often go to the pub after rehearsal and we run other social activities to get to know our fellow members.
So if you have an interest in choral music, a willingness to do some homework to learn your notes and the enthusiasm to sell tickets in support of the choir, just come along to one of the first rehearsals next term.
If you do decide to join us, please register here. This is so we can send you information and news regarding all choir-related activities and also authorises us to claim Gift Aid on your subscription if you are eligible.
There's nothing quite like Barts!